Sunday, February 15, 2015

Tree Change Dolls

Tree Change Dolls is a project about taking old discarded toys and giving them a new lease on life, cerated by an artist, illustrator and science communicator based in Hobart, Tasmania. Facebook.

quote: "...these dolls have been rescued and rehabilitated from op-shops and tip shops around Tasmania. These lil fashion dolls have opted for a "tree change", swapping high-maintenance glitz 'n' glamour for down-to-earth style. I hand repaint the dolls faces, mold new shoes, and my Mum sews and knits their clothing. My sisters and I grew up playing with second-hand dolls and home-made toys in the beautiful Tasmanian natural environment. I love the satisfaction of repairing and reusing discarded items to give them a new lease on life".

No comments:

Post a Comment