Saturday, July 03, 2010

Emma Mount Art


LINK quote [I was born with a pencil in my hand, and spent a lot of my childhood scribbling away furiously, my notebook came everywhere with me. My early teens was lived in the 80's, and I was hugely influenced by all the exotic women you started to see in pop videos like Duran Duran's. I loved Nagel's artwork like the Rio cover, and I also loved all the airbrushed Syd Brak women that were everywhere at that time. I used to draw all sorts, but started gravitating towards sketching from photos of fascinating women I saw in mum's fashion mags or my teen music mags. My icons at the time were strong glamorous women like Debbie Harry and Kate Bush (and glam men of course like Bowie and Adam Ant). At the same time my fascination with the darker side of life started to show itself as I discovered and grew up on Hammer Horror, the Addams Family, the Munsters, and started to build a collection of ghost/horror books that would influence my sketches].
[Thumbnail: Kate Moss]

No comments:

Post a Comment